|The Plaque, which is situated on the front wall of the swimming baths, records the presentation of Woods Baths and Woods Hospital, on 30 July 1887, to the people of Glossop by local mill owners the Wood family. The land which formed Howard Park was donated by Lord Howard of Glossop. This generous gift to the town celebrated the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria.|
Page last updated: 24 July 2018.
Copyright © 2018 Glossop Heritage Trust. All Rights Reserved.