Glossop Heritage Trust
Theo Walter Ellison's Glossop Dale Reminiscences.
George Ollerenshaw (published 22 February 1935).
A successful man of business, George Ollerenshaw, in association with others, promoted and Directed ‘Hunters the Teamen Ltd’. He was a member of the Council for All Saints’ Ward for three years; and a Justice for Derbyshire (1908).
He presented to the Corporation the Whitfield Branch Library and Recreation Ground, valued in the Corporation Accounts at £3,000, which was opened on the 10th January, 1903, by the then Mayor, the late Lord Doverdale, who entertained the Council to Luncheon at the Town Hall, and the Address from the Corporation was presented to the Donor.
At the expiration of his term of office Councillor Ollerenshaw was not re-elected and subsequently left Glossop to reside at Mere Hall, Knutsford, afterwards returning to Highfield House, Glossop, where he died.
Return to Ellison Reminiscences Contents Return to Local History Articles Return to the home page
Page last updated: 9 May 2017.