Glossop Heritage Trust

Old Glossop.

The area now known as Old Glossop is the original Glossop township, centred on the Old Cross.

Old Cross, Old Glossop Old Cross, Old Glossop Old Cross, Old Glossop, 1903

Leading up the hill from the Old Cross is Church Street.

Church Street, Woodhouses Brow Church Street, Woodhouses Brow Church Street, Woodhouses Brow looking north Church Street, ca 1955

At the bend in Church Street is the Bull's Head public house, the oldest in the town.

Church Street, undated Bull's Head, Old Glossop Bull's Head, Old Glossop, ca 1910

Button image Return to Local History Articles Button image Return to the home page




Page last updated: 16 February 2010.