|The Convalescent Home was opened in 1908, having been funded by Edward Partington (later Lord Doverdale).|
|During the First World War it was used by wounded soldiers.|
|In 1920 the building became a Maternity Home, which closed in the mid 1970's then later becoming a Care Home which closed in 2011. The building has now been converted to private apartments.|
Page last updated: 1February 2016.