Hall Street (Manor Park Road)
(Methodist)

The Chapel is lovingly referred to by hundreds of people as “The Tabernacle” or even as “Tab”. The old Chapel was founded by Samuel Warren in 1835 as a Wesleyan Association Chapel.
It was opened by Samuel Warren on January 1st 1837. It celebrated its centenary in 1937 when it was used as a Sunday School. The “new” Chapel was built in 1860 and an American organ was installed. The Chapel also had an orchestra. In 1902 a manual pipe organ was installed. It celebrated its Jubilee on 5th June 1910 and its centenary in March 1960. After the Great War a font was placed in the Chapel in memory of those who had fallen in conflict.

The Chapel closed on 28th August 1960 and the congregation moved to the Chapel in Shrewsbury Street, Glossop.