
Partington Memorial Shelter
Location: Fauvel Road/Norfolk Street/Talbot Road, Glossop Donor: Mrs Matthews-Donaldson and Mrs Winslow, Daughters of Mrs Partington Builder: Arthur Sparkes Date Opened: Saturday 24th April 1954
Home » GHTArchives » Page 13

Location: Fauvel Road/Norfolk Street/Talbot Road, Glossop Donor: Mrs Matthews-Donaldson and Mrs Winslow, Daughters of Mrs Partington Builder: Arthur Sparkes Date Opened: Saturday 24th April 1954

Location: Wood Street, Whitfield Architect: Harry S. Fairhurst of Blackburn Donor: George Ollerenshaw Date opened: Saturday 10th January 1903 Owner: Glossop Borough Council (1903-1974), High

Architect: The land was furnished by Glossop Borough Council after it was gifted by Lord Howard Donor: Lord Howard of Glossop Date opened: 22 June

Location: Victoria Street Architect: Office of Works Builders: Middleton Bros of Victoria Saw Mills, Glossop and plumbing sub contractors W. Oliver and Sons, Glossop Date
In April 1955 the Derbyshire County Planning Department issued a plan for the development of Glossop over the next 15 years or so. Why a

The story of Glossop’s Town Hall A new town The foundation stone of Glossop Town Hall was laid on the day of Queen Victoria’s Coronation,
This map shows the original location of War Memorials around Glossop. Memorials that still exist in the same location are marked in brackets.
Glossop Cenotaph is located in Norfolk Square, Glossop. A drawing exists for a different War Memorial in Norfolk Square. In 1919 a drawing by Sir
Hadfield War Memorial is located outside Hadfield Hall on Station Road. It is a copy of the Glossop Memorial in Norfolk Square. It was also
Charlesworth Cenotaph was unveiled by Mr Crossland Smith on 31st March 1923. There was a service in St John’s Church, Charlesworth and then a procession