Victoria Street
(Independent)

The land was given for this Chapel by Samuel Dearnally of Crosscliffe, Glossop. The first Trustees being George Hadfield, Moses Hadfield, John Kershaw, William Kershaw, Thomas Shaw, James Shephard and John Platt. The Chapel opened in 1811 and the formation of a Church made in 1812. The first Pastor was Rev. J. Harrison who was succeeded by Rev. J. Fielding until 1825.
In 1840 a new school was built and this was enlarged twelve years later in 1852 costing £300. The Chapel was enlarged at a cost of over £1,000 in 1845. £400 of this was subscribed and a further £220 collected at the re-opening services. By 1860 the debt on the Chapel and the Manse ( Gladstone Street) had been liquidated and in 1863 an organ was introduced.
Mr. W. Shepley laid the foundation stone for a new and enlarged school premises which were to cost £3,300 and in 1881 these opened as a Day School with 81 pupils.
A new organ for the Chapel was purchased in 1924 and in 1927 Choir stalls were erected. In 1949 the Church closed for decorating and was re-opened in 1950. Three memorial windows were unveiled in 1950 by Mrs. A. M. Jackson in memory of her husband and son, with the Good Samaritan, an open bible and reference to the Royal Corps of Signals. In 1956 Littlemoor and Brookfield came together for joint Pastorship under the care of Rev. W. E. Joseph.
Pastors: 1812-1825 J. Harrison & J. Fielding, 1825-1838 G. Partington, 1838-1876 T. Atkin, 1876-1883 G. Sadler, 1884-1908 W. L. Parker, 1909-1914 W. P. Rankin, 1915-1920 A. Penellagon, 1922-1928 J. H. Robinson, 1930-1943 T. A. Bairstow, 1944-1956 Lloyd Lister, 1957-? W. E. Joseph.
The graveyard containing 3,000 bodies was exhumed and re-interred at Glossop Municipal Cemetery in April 1976 and a memorial stone to those once buried at Littlemoor can now be seen there.
The Chapel eventually closed and is now used as a Fitness Centre.