Other Churches and Chapels in Glossop
Bethel High Street East (Pentecostal) The chapel was founded by Principal George Jeffreys and dedicated to him in 1947. The original membership consisted of a
St Luke’s, Fauvel Road
St Mary Crowned, Sumner Street
Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Princess Street, St Mary’s Road
Central Methodist Church, Chapel Street
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Greenvale
Princess Street Primitive Methodist Chapel, Princess Street
Shrewsbury Street Methodist Chapel, Shrewsbury Street
Wesley Chapel, High Street West
Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Howard Street
Unitarian Church, Fitzalan Street
Bethel Church, High Street East; Elim Church, Ellison Street; Kingdom Hall, Milltown
Bethel High Street East (Pentecostal) The chapel was founded by Principal George Jeffreys and dedicated to him in 1947. The original membership consisted of a

Fitzalan Street (Unitarian) In 1874 for a lease of £1 360 square yards of land in Fitzalan Street was obtained from Lord Howard and on

Sumner Street (Roman Catholic) The Church was erected in 1882 at a cost of £17,000 on a site donated by Lord Howard. It was paid

Howard Street (Wesleyan Methodist) The original School and Chapel were erected at a cost of £1,000. The Chapel was opened on 5th November 1854 with

High Street West (Wesleyan Methodist) This is by far the largest Chapel on the Circuit centrally situated, and known to Glossopians of all denominations as

Shrewsbury Street (Primitive Methodist) Prior to the building of Shrewsbury Street Chapel the Primitive Methodists worshipped at Greenvale. The present Chapel was erected and opened

Princess Street (Primitive Methodist) The Princess Street Chapel – the only one on the Circuit not built with stone – was erected in 1893, shortly
Primitive Methodist Chapel Greenvale (High Street West) (Primitive Methodist) Primitive Methodists formed in 1810 built their first Chapel in Glossop at Greenvale near to the

Chapel Street (Methodist) The foundation stone was laid on 26th March 1966 by Rev. W. Walkerlee. The church is built on the site of the

Princess Street / St Mary’s Road (Congregational / Independent) In 1858 , Fourteen people – eight men and six women banded together to form a